Thursday 1 January 2015

A New Year, A New Adventure

So, last night we welcomed in 2015.  If I could sum up 2014 in a few words it just couldn't be done, because there are numerous words that I could use to describe it. This year has taught me so many things, good and bad, but in the right ways lessons should be learnt. I learned the worthy and valuable lessons that time can teach us. That time can heal, time can restore and make things new, and last but not least, time is not to be wasted doing things that make us unhappy, but rather to be used to build, plant, and bring us joy. Filled with things that we LOVE doing.

It without a doubt has been life changing. So many horrible and traumatic, yet wonderful and spectacular things have happened. Through falling ill and my recovery, I found my passion and the thing I desire to do for the rest of my life. I am now filled with a fresh hope a new vision; and have been given a reason to jump out of bed in the morning!

Every year before this one has been challenging in its own ways but this one has made me more determined to do well despite being unwell and make myself and God proud. And so the very thing that I thought had ended my story, was in actual fact the beginning. I have now fully learned to be myself and have discovered a beautiful sense of freedom that I have never experienced before.

2014 has certainly been an adventure to say the least, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Have a blessed 2015! I hope its an amazing one :)

Emily X



No comments:

Post a Comment