Monday 26 January 2015

Superfood Sunday: Maca


As you may have read in one of my previous posts, every few weeks I wanted to start blogging about my favourite super foods, and the health benefits they all offer. I feel it is very important that people know about them as some are not even aware they exist! They have all helped me massively in my health journey in the past year and I believe they will help lots of other people too.

Just like cacao, maca is one of those super foods that I've been using and enjoying for months now. It is one of my favourites and always leaves me with a fresh sense of life and energy. It has a caramel flavour which is really handy as it can be incorporated into various dishes creating lots of different combinations and flavours! Because of my condition I can get very tired quite easily and often so for me maca is always the perfect solution to keep me going all day long. I love to have it in smoothies and my oats on a morning and my favourite brands are Organic Burst and Naturya. To try my banana and almond butter smoothie with OB Maca click here :)

Maca powder is also known as Peruvian Ginseng and has been used in Peru for endurance, energy, and hormonal balance for over 2000 years. It most commonly is found in powder form and you can find it in your local health shop or online.

There are various health benefits which include:

  • A strengthened body and stamina
  • Healthy energy levels, as it acts as a caffeine free energiser (now you have a worthy excuse to ditch the coffee on a morning to wake you up!)
  • Better sexual health and balance in hormones

Maca is a great investment and I promise you that you won't regret it! 

Emily X


No comments:

Post a Comment