Monday 19 January 2015

Creamy chocolate coconut oats



In honour of National Porridge Day, I decided to share one of my all time favourite recipes. This is one of the first things that I learned to make and is one of my favourite things to have on a morning for breakfast. Not only is it chocolate, but it is so tasty and fulfilling and always sets me up to have a great day. Oats are brilliant because they are good for your heart and release their energy slowly and keep you fuller for longer, meaning you wont be snacking in between meals.


For this recipe I haven't used normal chocolate/cocoa powder, I used raw cacao powder which is cocoa in its purest/natural form. But normal cocoa will do just fine if you don't have cacao. Find out more about cacao here :)

Ingredients:

3/4 cup almond milk or any nut milk of your choice
1/2 cup porridge oats (I like flavahans)
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tsp Organic Burst maca powder
1 mashed banana
2-3 tbsp. raw cacao powder
Your favourite toppings

To Make:
  1. Pour the almond milk and porridge oats into a small saucepan and add the coconut oil, flaxseed, maca, banana and cacao, mix altogether and leave to soak.
  2. Turn the oven on to 160 degrees and heat the pan up on a medium heat and mix with a wooden spoon until the oats are heated through.
  3. Pour the oats into your favourite bowl and put in the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
  4. After 5 minutes take out of the oven and add your favourite fruits and toppings. I love to add berries, desiccated coconut, almonds, coconut sugar and cocao nibs.
Enjoy!
Emily X 

No comments:

Post a Comment