Thursday 15 January 2015

Banana and almond butter smoothie with Organic Burst maca



This is one of my all time favourite smoothies and I have really enjoyed making this in the past year. Its quick to make and can be enjoyed any time of the day. I love it in the afternoons when I need something to keep me going until tea time. This smoothie is perfect for the days when you need a great natural energy boost, and is something great to fill you until your next meal. The banana is a great source of potassium and the almonds in the almond butter are a highly alkaline food to keep your body's PH balanced. If you want you can also add a few whole almonds which I sometimes like to do, but that bit is optional. :)

Serves 1

Ingredients:

1 large Banana
1 cup of Almond milk
1 tbsp Almond butter
1 tsp Organic Burst maca powder (http://www.organicburst.com)
1 tbsp Coconut palm sugar

To Make:
  1. Break or slice the banana and place in a blender. I use my Nutribullet to make this smoothie-the Nutribullet is a great option when you're wanting to live a healthier lifestyle on a budget as it does a large amount of things for the price it costs and comes with both an extracter blade to blend and a milling blade to mill nuts etc. Here is the link to the website (https://www.nutribullet.com
  2. Next, add the almond milk, the 1 cup is just an estimation to what I use but you can use more or less depending on how thick you want your smoothie to be. Then add in the maca, almond butter, coconut sugar and blend! 
  3. To finish off, sprinkle a little coconut sugar on top and you're done! This step is optional but I think its that little bit nicer with some on top. Coconut sugar has a lovely mild caramel taste that compliments the maca and banana perfectly and is a brilliant alternative to refined sugar as it has a lower GI and is also rich in minerals. 
Enjoy!

Emily X


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Nangs Delivery Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Cream whippers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read. Cream whippers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article I just loved it. Will check out your other stuff. Thanks
    We love to do nang delivery
    Mr Cream Chargers

    ReplyDelete