Friday 20 March 2015

Spring: New Beginnings, and New Promises.


No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. 

-Proverb 


This winter must have been one of the harshest and longest I have ever known, not just because of my personal circumstances, but because I have missed the presence of light over darkness. But that is why I love the above proverb so much. Because no matter how long or dark and gloomy the winter may have been, the spring is sure to make its way back to us again. Always.

Spring is traditionally seen as a time of growth, renewal, and of new life. And for me, it is the same. The hope that a new beginning and fresh start is waiting just around the corner is such a beautiful promise. Spring must be my absolute favourite month. Because winter is over and a new chapter is about to begin. A chapter that is full of untold stories and surprises. The grass is green, the flowers are blooming, animals are coming out of hibernation, the sun is shining, and the sky is blue.

Whenever I go out with my dog Jessie and see the yellow daffodils and white snow drops scattering the ground I'm reminded of that wonderful reassurance. And for that I am forever grateful. Grateful that winter doesn't last forever, and neither does anything that I may be going through. And like everything else, this too shall pass.

Happy Spring everyone! I wish you all the best for this next season.

Love always,

Emily X


No comments:

Post a Comment